View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 16, 2010, 5:34 AM
native Mobilian

I know that this thread has been dead for a year, but I gotta chime in! I got a kick outta reading all of your posts and relished everything you said because the French Gulf Coast is my heart and soul, no matter where I am. Some of you commented on how you could recognize people from the Gulf Coast in areas farther north and I wholeheartedly agree! I lived in Birmingham for a while and I had the same experience. I related better with people from anywhere on the French Gulf Coast than I did in my own home state up there in north Alabama. It's amazing the difference that I sensed between the regions.

In the same spirit, the people of Mobile and the people of Pensacola consider each other family. I live in Florida and when I tell others where I am from and they are not familiar with Mobile, I always say it's close to Pensacola and I get a warm feeling inside knowing how the two cities have a unique relationship.

Pensacola has great assets to be proud of. It isn't a tourist magnet for nothing. That's something Mobile is pretty envious of. And, yes, Pensacola's airport definitely makes Mobile's look pathetic. So, cheer up, Pensacolans. You have a beautiful city.