View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 5, 2018, 3:22 PM
Nashville born and raised

An interesting insight from the Wall Street Journal on June 19, 2018.

From another forum...(sorry, I don't have a subscription, so I can't direct quote it)...

Quote:
Forget Silicon Valley, The Future of Tech Is in These Three Cities
Quote:
Worker believes the skillset of the people, access to clean energy and strong partnership opportunities are what led to a major investment in the city of 150,000 people on the Kentucky border. “Google broke ground in February on a $600 million data center on 1,300 acres,” he says. “And LG is spending $250 million to build an 829,000-square-foot home appliance factory slated to employ 600 workers.” There’s plenty to do, from strolling the riverfront and hiking the Clarksville Greenway to wandering the Customs House Museum & Cultural Center (above)—but Worker’s pick is D&D Black Light Mini Golf for a round of golf."

A somewhat hyperbolic headline, but it is awesome to see this emerging sunbelt city get such national attention in such a positive way. Perhaps this will be a new way the nation sees Clarksville, TN from now on. That would be an incredible brand.

I don't know what the other two cities are.

…….

Mabry Concert Hall (a nationally ranked top 10 music facility) at Austin Peay; has nothing to do with this post, just a pleasant picture.