View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 28, 2008, 12:29 PM

That dome should have been deleted. It looks ridiculous. Like a tiny little stuck on christmas decoration. Like a little pimple. I can't believe any architect would have actually designed it that way. If the view planes turned it into a parody of itself, it would have been better to delete it.

And the ceilings are really low. The new Spirit Spa feels like you're in someone's basement. I loved the high ceilings in their old space.

So arcades are a design requirement from the city?!?!?! WTF?!?!?! That's crazy! That's news to me. If true, that's completely insane. Talk about hindering creativity. Wow. Unreal. When are the next elections?

On a related note... the arcade would also seem to allow that extra floor the developer needed... because it allowed the retail level to be partially below grade. Makes for a crappy pedestrian experience. The two store fronts are kinda hidden down and under an imposing concrete and styrofoam arcade.

What a difference an extra 10 feet would have made eh? I don't envy what architects are up against in this city.