View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 18, 2018, 1:09 AM
Rational urbanist

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzg View Post
I think it's pretty ridiculous to expect solely pavement markings to make a completely new concept obvious to the city. Especially if we want people biking in winter. Signage is much more clear (if done right).

I saw someone biking the wrong way down the Pembina lanes today – but there isn't any real signage that makes it clear to cross the street at Warsaw. Are people just supposed to know?

And there's lots of issues with Sherbook where I almost don't blame people. One is that there's only a separated lane on Sherbrook, and not Maryland. Also, Sherbrook is the sole commercial street – it should have been 2-way. There's also issues at intersections... how are bikes supposed to turn left? It's been completely ignored – as have turning interactions at just about every bike lane in the city.
No for sure we should still put signs up, I'm not abdicating that responsibility. Just feel like people should still be able to figure it out.

And I believe a protected Maryland bikeway is in the budget for the next year or two.