View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 15, 2010, 3:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErickMontreal View Post
Coast Guard Deal Near?
The city is preparing for a final deal which will see Ottawa sell the Coast Guard site on Water Street to clear the way for more waterfront development. Just over 900-thousand dollars have been earmarked in next year's proposed capital budget for the purchase and to begin survey work and environmental assessments.

The five year capital budget projection also includes 2.8-million for repairs to the sea wall on the harbour side - and - another 400-thousand for a pedway from Market Square to the site.

The Hardman Group wants to develop more retail space - a hotel - and - condos in that area.
I heard the same thing, and an announcement is on the way after New Years I believe. It's about bloody time, and if true this is HUGE for Saint John, especially if it includes a large volume of residential units as planned.

Also, I'm hearing more whispers about the refinery being sold to Repsol, from numerous different sources. It's hard to believe, and it's all just rumours, but interesting fodder for discussion none-the-less.