View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 17, 2008, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone123 View Post
Planning for Bayers Lake was always a mess. I am guessing the idea for the other entrances was to tie them in with development on the other side of the 102, which is a problem since it is happening 15 years after the big box stores went in.

I guess the idea is to extend that little road that goes nowhere by the theatre under the 102 and then connect it to a completed Regency Park Drive.

Apparently there are also plans for more land to be opened up to the west of the current developed area, maybe by turning the curved part of Chain Lake Dr into an intersection. Maybe it will all connect to the Timberlea side.
That is exactly what the Business Parks Functional Plan calls for.

Quote:
As for the Larry Uteck interchange, yes, it's needed. At one point there was some debate over whether or not to allow more development in that area before it is completed. I'm not sure what the verdict was, although it's more fairly classic poor planning.
They actually stopped all development to a limit of 2'000 units for Bedford South until this is funded. Its why the Ravines and Hemlock Ravine are not progressing quickly. Both have reached their limit.

The restrction also affects Bedford West and Southgate Village. For the latter they were actually banned from building any residences until the interchange was funded.

With the funding now approved construction in Bedford South should pick up rapidly.