View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 9, 2013, 5:51 PM

No one can answer this question for you. You'll have to do the research yourself. My Aunt lives in Hawaii and loves it. You're still protected as a US citizen and have all the American amenities you like. Plus the weather is awesome. I'd pick a US city over any other before I move outside of the US if I could help it. Lastly, people always pick Latin America before any other place which is crazy. It's just not that safe. I have lots of friends that have lived there for many years and could not wait to get out. I have lived in Nicaragua myself and did not like it. Trust me, it's beautiful, but unsafe especially for an American. I lived in Cape Town SA and really enjoyed it. You have amazing urban amenities as well as close proximity to the Indian Ocean and the South Atlantic. It's a large metropolis city and has a gorgeous landscape with mountains and lots of outdoor activity. Plus the food is some of the best I've ever had. The scenery reminds me alot of California with an amazing tropical feel. The weather is always perfect and rain is rare. The only set back is learning how to drive because they are opposite of the US. You still have alot of the same shopping we have here in the US at the water front. Not only that, but the drive out to Cape Point is amazing. It is however the longest flight in the world as far as duration goes from ATL to Johannesburg international then to Cape Town. As far as safety goes, I never felt fear like I did when I lived in Central America. Much safer in Cape Town than any others outside the US. Good luck