View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 22, 2015, 1:21 AM
Representing the ATX!!!

For Austin to be a true big city, there needs to be an arena not just for sporting events but concerts and other events as well. The problem is there's not a lot of places near DT that can fit an arena. Building it away from DT is not desirable for a host of reasons and yes people who go to the arena should be able to get into DT easily if they choose what is so wrong with that?

The biggest problem as Kevin mentioned would be traffic and transportation. I'm sure there will be people against it. There's always people against everything that is proposed in this city. I also agree that the arena could be built with complementing uses so that it would be visited and used daily becoming an vibrant part of the surrounding area.

On a side note the Rodeo is one of Austin's largest events in terms of attendance up there with SXSW and ACL. I would definitely go if it was at a new arena since the Travis County Expo Center is kinda far and a hassle to get to. Heck an arena on the southside of the river would be awesome IMO.