View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 25, 2007, 6:34 AM
surely you agree with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeweed View Post
Funny you should mention all that in a single sentence.

I moved out here to be closer to the mountains BECAUSE they're nowhere near as "tourist infested" as the lake country around Winnipeg. Sure, if you think mountains=Banff and skiiing, then yeah - tourist hell. However, there are thousands of square kilometres of mountains, and it takes all of a 15 minute walk in most directions to leave nearly everyone behind. Most mountains that I hike up, I see maybe 20 people in an 8 hour day. Very outdoorsy, very quiet, very relaxing.
that is great, if that is what you like....sitting in the bush by myself isnt my bag....walking up the side of a mountain doesnt turn me on....i like sitting on a beautiful white sand beach with tens of thousands of other people....i like sitting in the hot sun on the dock of my parents cottage with a beer or two...maybe going for a ski once in a while.

that is exactly my point as far as outdoor amenities goes anyways....both places offer different things...neither is better or worse....it just matters what is important to you personally.

Last edited by trueviking; Jan 25, 2007 at 6:44 AM.