View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 6, 2012, 9:18 PM

Meanwhile, back in L.A....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rycroft View Post
Hi

I was wondering if anyone has any information/photos of this building. I used to drive past it every day and wondered if it's a factory or if it's an apartment building. And if it's the later, do people still inhabit it being that it's right next to the 10/110 interchange. The building is just off Venice on Wright street. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Photos by Google maps

As soon as I saw the gray building on the right, I thought, aha! I know I've seen it before. I was certain we looked into here once before...possibly in connection with the Black Dahlia... or did a movie star once live there? Anyway...I couldn't find anything with the %&#@ing "search" feature here ... I'm sure we were once in this bend of freeway, at the door of that gray building... and then I remembered Mabel Monohan: http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...postcount=1235.

It was none other than BARBARA GRAHAM, Noir Princess, who once lived at 1438 Wright Street... well, Rycroft, I know this isn't really about the coral-colored building you were asking about, but I wonder if its story can top 1438's?