Thread: 2017 CFL Season
View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 28, 2017, 2:04 PM

Phenomenal comeback victory for the Bombers last night after being pretty much left for dead, but it is still somewhat ominous that despite playing a pretty clean game (no turnovers!) it still took a miracle last-minute rally to beat a 2-3 eastern team.

The Bombers kind of exist in that mushy middle where you know they'll beat Hamilton and you know they'll lose to Calgary... the real test is how they do with the .500ish teams. And the answer last night was: not that great. The Bombers still don't have a very effective run game... Harris seems to be a more potent threat as a receiver. I'll cut the defense some slack since they were down to one starting LB and they have two rookie DBs starting, but they are giving up crazy yardage. Even the normally dependable special teams have become a bit of an issue with Medlock's sudden inconsistency.

I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer about the Bombers, but even though they managed to grit out an impressive win last night, I'm still not seeing a team ready for the long haul just yet. Luckily they have upcoming games against Ottawa and Hamilton to recalibrate things before the big test against Edmonton on August 17.