View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 27, 2006, 11:59 AM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanoBison
Hello Smiley,

I'm another Fargoan!

I read you mentioned that Konrad Olson is thinking about building a 20+ story hotel/office/condo tower on the river front. Do you have ANY information on that, or could you elaborate some more.

Downtown Fargo is awesome. It's getting better every year. It would be great to see another tall building added to the skyline in the future! I heard though we have a height restriction on downtown buildings due to the FAA and jetliners flying close by downtown on their approach to the airport. I thought I remembered reading something about it in the Forum when the Radisson developers were talking about the height of that building (there's a myth it is actually taller than the state capitol building and law prevents ANY new building from being built taller, which of course is balogna). Anyways, they said they built it just short of the airspace limit for that approach-way.

Any comments?
NanoBison?? You have got to be kidding me!! Are you on the Bisonville message board?? I'm "TheBisonator" over on that board!! If you've ever seen me talk about my architecture interest over on Bisonville, you'd see that this board is a natural fit for me.

Anyway, about that Konrad Olson vision, all I know is that he wants to build something like that on the riverfront, but I don't know if it goes farther than that. I read in the Forum that the height limit for downtown Fargo (at least back in 1985) is the 207 feet tall that the Radisson Hotel is, because of FAA regulations. But I'm not sure if that's the complete case. At least you can go as high as 242 feet in North Dakota (State Capitol height). If it takes a personal appointment with Konrad, I would get more info if I could.