View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 30, 2013, 9:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnEh View Post
The Global Maritime Morning show is painful to watch... yet another extremely Halifax-centric news program that claims to be a "Maritime" show.

It's never a good sign when the host starts out their claimed "regional" morning show with a cheerful "good morning, Halifax!"
City-centric news shows happen all across the country. Here in Calgary they are supposed to be for Southern Alberta but in reality you'll never hear about the small(er) towns and cities. And even in a city of 1.2 million + they still talk about the latest dog attacks and other minor things nobody really cares about.

Even on the national newscast its the same thing. I watch CTV News regularly and all they ever talk about is Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Calgary, and Edmonton. They'll ocassionally jump to Winnipeg for a crime or cold weather report but Saskatchewan, the Territories, and the Maritimes are out of the picture. Newfoundland hasn't been mentioned nearly as much since Danny left office. I understand that this focus is A) for political reasons, and B) because large populations mean more stories, but they would rather report on a thunderstorm near Toronto that knocks out power to a thousand households before they would report on a Category 2 hurricane in Nova Scotia that immobolizes the entire province.

Oh and didn't you hear the government of Halifax purchased New Brunswick and PEI last year. We got a good 2-for-1 deal! Halifax is currently gathering intelligence on people in Cape Breton and the Acadian Peninsula so we can blackmail them into moving here to build ships and plot against Moncton!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post

Oh I don't know CdnEh, I'm always interested in hearing about the latest dognapping in Halifax....
Well you have to admit its more exciting than hearing about speeding tickets in PEI.