View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 18, 2012, 9:00 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

A couple of tidbits from the GMPDC February meeting agenda:

- The city indeed seems to be moving forward with the Transportation Discovery Centre at the Moncton Museum. There are a number of requests for variances being made.....

- There is a request for variances for a "64 unit residential building" to be built at 1212 Mountain Road. This address is for the ex-church which currently houses Blondie's Bar, near NBCC. My guess is that this will be a four storey building with 16 units per floor and therefore would be similar to other apartment buildings already in the area.

- There are requests for variances for a residential building on Flanders Court. I would assume this will be built on the vacant lot behind the YMCA and just up the block from the new campus of Oulton's College.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Allow me to loosely associate here. It was recently announced that Target will partner with Starbucks in Canada. It is interesting to note that the Sony Store in the Northwest Centre is closing. This is immediately adjacent to the Zellers that will be converted to a Target. Perhaps Starbucks will move into the old Sony Store space. This way, they could keep a separate store front, yet still have a direct connection to the adjacent Target store.

Perhaps the reason why Sony Store is leaving is because their lease wasn't renewed.......

Makes sense to me....