View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 9, 2012, 8:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainView View Post
Have you been to South Barrhaven lately? That area south of Strandherd is a mess... Greenbank seems to be always closed between Jockvale and Cambrian due to new development/houses/sewer installation/you name it... so I wouldn't say that there is an overload, as it is currently a cow path and the only real direct link to Jockvale and the rest of Barrhaven. However, I don't think it's necessary for it to be 4-lanes yet; but it's definitely cheaper in the long run to make it 4 now as oppose to making it 2 now and expanding later.
I should have meant once the new Greenbank is built (and that needs to be first IMO - the bridge should be 4 lanes now and the remainder probably 2 lanes, although a cost-benefit analysis may come into play). And no I have not been to South Barrhaven (south of the Jock River) in a while.

Transit service could probably also be improved there, hopefully TransPlan 2012 fixes things. Here are some improvements to transit I would make:

1) Either increase Route 177 peak period service to every 15 minutes (at least in the peak direction), or implement a new express route on the same routing (say, Route 75) with 5 morning and 5 afternoon trips (I prefer the 15 minute peak service)

2) Add Sunday service on Route 177, every 60 minutes from 10:00 am to 7:00 pm plus one late trip around 10:00 pm

3) No changes to Route 175, as it seems destined to remain a low-ridership route.