View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 10, 2012, 2:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolfire View Post
I wish that those signs were copay with the political party (be it municipal, provincial or federal) erecting them. I see them mostly as a waste of money and used primarily as political advertisement.

It's an election year isn't..... still mystified?
The administration (especially AB Transportation) has a vested interest in keeping the politico status quo, as does the maintenance consortium that runs Stoney Trail.

If Wildrose gets into government, then infrastructure dollars will evaporate in about 3 years, costing jobs within the bureaucracy and dry up prospects for future road and transport projects.

If Wildrose gets in, it will be clean out the desks time for most of the Assistant Deputy Ministers and Deputy Ministers who have spent an entire career (20+ years) under the same administration.

I ciuld easily forsee a situation where the signs were designed by AB Transportation and then erected under the existing fixed price maintenance contract, hence no additional dollars were spent by the taxpayer. If I was incharge of the maintenance consortium, I would be doing powerpoint presentation till the cows come home pitching the idea for no cost to the government, just to get the possibility of of a government with future project rather than a government with no future projects but lots of tax rebates.