Thread: Dubailand
View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 31, 2006, 6:19 AM
Guess Who's Back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldrusher View Post
Prove me wrong !

It's 100% amateurism at the moment. Where are the concept arts, the blueprints, the renders ?
All the theme park announcements I have experienced begin with concept arts (drawings, paintings, sketches), then a masterplan is worked out, with blueprints as a result. Based on those, a maquette (model) is made to give the average Joe a look at how it will eventually look like.

Dubai...seems to start with the models. And because they have no blueprints yet, the models are crap. Too small to be a worthy theme park and very unrealistic.
Goldrusher, AltinD has very kindly answered for me. This is probably 1/10 of the developement going on there!

This is not pipe dreams and whimsicle planning, this shit is being built right now! Please just accept that this project does kinda kicks ass and we'll say no more about it!

Slugbelch, those 'Medusa' towers are crazy......I love it!