View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 8, 2008, 1:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbarbera View Post
A little off-topic, but, since you asked, I have a bit of a problem with a 'restaurant' whose only employment prerequisite for its waitresses is big boobs. It's not really one of the first places you want out-of-town hotel guests seeing as they establish their initial perceptions on what this city is all about. I am not sure how Hooters is perceived in your home turf of Windsor/Detriot, but here in Hamilton it's not exactly considered a nice place to take the wife and kids out for a family dinner.

You'll have to excuse my negativity, but I pride myself in keeping my mindset non-linear.
Hooters is really no big deal -- the big boob thing is just silly fun. Seeing a Hooters upon arriving in Hamilton is not really all that different to seeing a McDonald's. Most cities of a certain size have a Hooters and I hardly think that anyone coming to town would say "Goodness me, a Hooters! Let's cancel our visit!"

I have been to the Hamilton Hooters a few times, and while it certainly isn't fine dining, I have seen plenty of families having a meal. The way you tell it, you would think the place was a brothel.