View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 28, 2010, 6:45 PM

Thanks folks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingofthehill View Post
Where was this block? I know it's in Washington Heights or Inwood somewhere, but I don't know where exactly. I've been looking for it forever!
Wadsworth Terrace, off Fairview Ave, near 193rd. It gets my vote for Most Awesome Looking residential block in North America.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JivecitySTL View Post
Looks like a cross between Reno and Cedar Rapids.
Washington Heights in NYC's famed Little Cedar Rapids district.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownCity View Post
I'm just going to make a wild guess and say it's relatively easy to get into some of those buildings since so many of these threads have so many spectacular elevated shots...
Quote:
Originally Posted by -AX- View Post
Great thread! Did you manage to get on top of one of those buildings in Stuyvesant Town? Jealous! The view is insane!
Nope, all the elevated pics were taken from either the Williamsburg Bridge or natural outcropping in far northern Manhattan. Some of the bridge views aren't super familiar because the Williamsburg Bridge is very difficult to get pics from, due to a lot of annoying small-meshed fencing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg View Post
You're lucky you got out before the blizzard. Great tour.
I think my flight out of LaGuardia was the last plane to leave NYC on the 26th. Visibility was down around 1/4 mile at the airport. What a monster storm.