View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 13, 2010, 3:57 AM
TL;DR

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgpatel View Post
Anyone know if the exterior will be painted? I say it should be painted black and have gold windows

Note that this article refers to the pregame area as "Champion Square". I'm not necessarily a fan of this, but its definitely an upgrade over Dome Square. How about "NOLA Square"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-P
On the day David Dixon, the driving force behind the concept and construction of the Superdome and the father of professional football in New Orleans, was buried, the commission recognized and honored Dixon "for his visionary leadership that helped make the Louisiana Superdome a reality."
"Dixon Plaza" sounds pretty good to me. It honors a person for their accomplishments and vision in life, and that person isn't still alive, which is more than I can say for a lot of renamings these days.

"NOLA" is slang, and recent slang at that. Maybe we should have a ROFL Park and a G2G Garden? Dome Square is actually kind of clever as a geometrical oxymoron, but most people won't think of the geometry aspect and will instead just see something cheesy.

If not Dixon, then keep "Champion Square". It's fitting, doesn't sound cheesy, and it has sponsorship potential from the sweatshirt company or the spark plug company. Any sponsorship money only means that the plaza will get more amenities.