Originally Posted by Xeelee
why would i go to the woodlands at all?
Anyway....

BP Plans to expand in the Energy Corridor:

Quote:
BP plans expansion in west Houston

By TOM FOWLER
Copyright 2006 Houston Chronicle

Oil giant BP is planning a major expansion of its west Houston campus to accommodate 2,000 new workers over the next few years.

The company recently added 50 acres to the campus at Interstate 10 and West Lake Park Blvd. and plans to build a seven-story, 390,000-square-foot, environmentally-friendly building for its gas and power trading business.

The new BP project is another example of the construction boom in the Energy Corridor, an area along I-10 from Dairy Ashford to beyond Highway 6, that is home to major facilities for many energy companies.

Trammell Crow Co. announced earlier this year plans for 600,000 square feet of new office space at I-10 and Eldridge Parkway, while earlier this week Shell Oil Co. said it would build a 170,000 square-foot office building at Dairy Ashford for workers who find and produce oil and gas.

The building construction and renovation work announced Thursday is expected to cost about $250 million, said BP spokeswoman Annie Smith, adding that planned future projects could push that total to about $660 million.

This project will include a new parking garage for 1,700 cars and widening of Grisby Road. Added parking is a priority since the BP campus currently has only 100 spare parking spaces, leaving many workers driving around trying to find an empty space near their office.

The later phases include a larger building for its onsite childcare center, new training and development buildings, and possibly a hotel with retail shops.

Link