View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 14, 2012, 4:31 PM
Torontonian Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterloowarrior View Post
The situation in Mississauga with Hazel McCallion was much more serious and clearly a conflict of interest based on the findings inquiry but didn't actually violate the provincial legislation...while this situation is much less serious and was for a good cause, but it sounds like there potentially could be a good case.
Which is exactly my point. I think any judge would take that into account when deciding what sort of punishment to dole out to Ford based on his defence. We'll see how it plays out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaletown_fella View Post
I'd rather live in a Libertarian society like 19th century London than George Orwell's 1984. But thats just my two cents.

In my view "anti-government" initiatives are the beginning of reclaiming our liberty.

...And Ford is barely a libertarian. He's more of a clueless reactionary.

Moreover, the "politics of fear and division" is moreso an intergral part of the group mentality of liberalism or mainstream conservatism.

I'm not doing the "oh, he isn't bad" thing but rather I'm just super pissed that most Canadian citzens are asleep when it comes to the Globalist Orwelian agenda and there's been no serious initiative to impeach Harper. Pissed enough to go off topic...

In fact, I wouldn't be suprised if Rob Ford is a federal agent who's motive is to distract 6 million Canadians from the evil in Ottawa. Everything from raping native communities for oil pipelines to arresting 12 year olds for streaming a movie. It's sickening.
I don't think it's necessary to have Ford as a federal agent to distract Canadians, because Canadians are already stupid enough. Sure, we may be irked by the Robocall fiasco, but by and large we have too much respect for authority. Each time the government chips away at our freedom bit by bit, we judge each violation as "resonable" and "tiny", and move along without thinking. A perfect example was the long-gun registry, which was completely ineffective at preventing crime, a slap in the face for rural Canadians, but in the end it was deemed perfectly acceptable by urban ones because guns are scary. It's rather curious, then, that Harper would strike down one draconian law and replace it with another.

Another example: Ontario's 50 km/h speeding rule, which not only tries to redefine excessive speeding as "stunt driving", but also imposes a jail sentence without allowing the accused to put forward any defence, both of which are unconstitutional. But most people (likely Toyota Corolla drivers doing 80 in a 100 zone) deem it reasonable. The only reason why Bill C-11 and Bill C-30 are gaining so much attention is because they deviate away from these usual small infringements on freedom and seek to make one massive infringement.

Last edited by Wharn; Mar 14, 2012 at 4:45 PM.