View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 3, 2009, 5:21 PM
A before E

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxhome View Post
urbanlife,

I like what you did with you're map. One thing to consider is that the PCL (and professional baseball in general) will not allow a field layout with a west or south facing orientation. This is because they do not not want the batter in a position facing a setting sun. (they would rather have the outfielders deal with the sun)

There may be exceptions to this rule that I'm not aware of, but I remember a previous thread on this post stating this rule.

This is in part why the Westgate site is more challenging. Home plate would likely need to be placed in the west half of the lot with a first base line alignment west to east.

Could you rotate the orientation of the ballpark in your map to see what the impact would be?
Actually, the park is currently facing more north than it is west, so this positioning should be fine with the PCL rules. Also, the buildings to the north will be effected no matter what if the park goes at this site, so it is very easy to rotate the ballpark even more north if needed.

Last edited by urbanlife; Aug 3, 2009 at 5:37 PM.