Thread: LEGO Skylines
View Single Post
Old Posted May 14, 2012, 6:44 PM
Art Deco Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvaro1983 View Post
What is the best scale to use to make the Lego figures as realistic looking as possible?
A 1:150 would be 56 cm. I would like the final building to be somewhere around 40 and 60 cm but of course I'm totally open to suggestions and recommendations from experienced builders.
Welcome to SSP!
I think you already answered your own question about scale. Nevertheless, if your budget permits it, you might consider a larger scale such as 1:100 or even 1:50.

If you select 1:100 scale your building would be about 3 feet high. You could scale up the ground floor to a larger scale so the LEGO mini-figures would look better. The LEGOland miniland skyscrapers are like this - as far as I can tell the ground floor and maybe a few more floors are the 1:20 "Miniland" scale and the rest of the building is at 1:50 or even 1:60 scale.

If you select 1:50 scale your building is almost 6 feet high and about four times more expensive ...but the entire structure would be close to mini figure scale!

As for parts, I would try to build a two story corner portion of the building several times until you get the right proportions and scale that you like and then figure out the approximate total number of parts from there.

You may get very different advice from other builders....