View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 18, 2009, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro-One View Post
Exactly, that is why i want the SFPR, #1 and NFPR along with skytrain to Coquitlam and UBC to be fast tracked as much as possible so if a new government comes to power it is to late to stop such improvements. A lot of people hate Falcon, i myself am not a fan of the liberals, but i do give them credits in transportation for having the balls to ram these projects through.
I agree with you.
I have a feeling the May BC election is going to VERY close... the liberal government is getting stale, the economy is dragging them down, and the NDP is occasionally coming out ahead in polls. I hope that they can get the gateway contracts signed and enacted, and at least then there is a good chance that they will be built (perhaps put some BIG project cancellation penalties in the contracts ).

But yes, the opposition to any major improvements to roads and bridges has been a major factor that many people around the city do not realize. They just think that our governments never invest in bridges, lack foresight etc. (a prominent inlaw of mine blames the federal gov't's lack of funding for BC). I also second crediting the liberals for having the will to "press forward." I would love to see them stick around long enough to start pushing their H-99 vision (upgrades to the Massey and Oak Street crossings), but I think I can be satisfied with the SFPR/NFPR/PMBH1 for now.