View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 31, 2007, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by william View Post
Wow, I'm just so impressed with the Sacramento club/dining scene. When I was running around, I think we had club 2-Me and that was about it . Oh yeah, there was Confetti out near Arden Fair and Friday's, Tequila Willie's and a third place whose name escapes me all near each other on Howe.
I remember Confetti's on Arden way. That place has really gone thru several transformation in the last 20 years. Confetti's became Yucatan Liquor stand which became Piranha Room (with the huge fish tank inside) which became Polly Esters which became In Cahoots country club and is now Tropicana Latin Dance club.

Also, there was Carlos Murphy's and Charlie Browns in that area. I think Tequilla Willie's is now El Toritos on Howe. TW was a fun place going to Sac State too.

The place that would have really done well in Sacramento now was America Live at Sacramento which was replaced by the Hard Rock Cafe and Copelands sporting goods store in the downtown plaza. I think that place was way ahead of it's time for downtown Sacramento at a time when people rarely went downtown for nighttime entertainment. Would fit perfectly now. That was six clubs plus restaurants in one.

Also Club 2-me was a staple going to Sac State.