View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 4, 2017, 1:16 AM

We had some first-time visitors over in August and of course a bicycle ride around Vancouver's world-famous Seawall was on our list of things to do.

Like so often, we started our ride in Coal Harbour which has a fantastic modern bike trail along the waterfront.

After reaching Stanley Park, the view quickly changes and you start to see the Downtown skyline where you just came from.

Classic view of Coal Harbour towers and Downtown from Stanley Park.

Next up is the Lions Gate Bridge. I just love how the mood and vistas steadily change from inlet to skyscrapers, followed by mountains and finally open ocean. There is never a boring moment along the Seawall!

Third Beach at the tip of the Stanley Park peninsula was still fairly empty in the morning, but rest assured, it will be packed in the afternoon...

English Bay area was mostly sealed off due to the annual Celebration of Lights fireworks show that takes place in beginning of August. You can see the raft they use for firing off the fireworks off the shore.

From there the route continues under Granville Bridge and through Yaletown, going around False Creek.

From across False Creek the view is once again filled with Yaletown skyscrapers with mountains peaking in the background.

Barbeque boat? Sign me up!!

West of Burrard Bridge the ocean opens up once again with the older concrete towers of Westend visible on the opposite side.

We were a bit short on time, so we didn't continue all the way to Spanish Banks and made Kitsilano Beach our last turning point. In Kits things had already got much busier with people enjoying a lazy summer day on the beach.

That's a very brief capture of some of the numerous highlights along this amazing 26-kilometer bike ride. I will at some point do a full photo tour of the entire route, but I hope this gives you a taste of how gorgeous Vancouver's famous Seawall is.

I have done this ride dozens of times and it never ceases to amaze and inspire me. It is truly a must-do for everyone visiting Vancouver and best of all, it is free. Can't beat that combination!