View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 19, 2017, 3:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbab View Post
The project encompasses the eastern half of the block. It does not include the ugly parking deck that takes up the other half of the block.

There will be two towers built in two phases. The first phase will be the tower on the north half of the block closest to Coda. The second phase will be the tower on the south half. Both towers will be built above a parking podium which, once completed, will be integrated and share the same design flow.

It was hard to get a sense of the height, but the idea is that the two towers will step up in height from the Coda building toward the AT&T Tower located at the North Ave MARTA Station. My rough count was that the second tower would be about 35 stories give or take. Coda is supposedly going to be 390 feet tall, so I would expect the tallest tower to be near 500 feet.

The first tower will be all office. Suntrust Bank will relocate temporarily to the south half of the block and then occupy the retail space on the corner of 4th and West Peachtree when the tower is completed. The first tower almost looked like four separate towers joined together at the base. It is hard to describe and I didn't have a good angle to see it clearly. Hopefully someone will publish renderings soon to get a better look.

The second tower will be the tallest. It will consist of offices above the parking podium with 140 residential units on top. They did not officially specify whether they would be condos or apartments but, for what its worth, the architect referred to them as apartments.

As always, most of the discussion centered around the treatment and screening of the parking podium and a curb cut in the middle of the lot exiting onto West Peachtree. Otherwise, the committee was supportive of the project.
Thanks for the update. This has been beat to death, but ONE-THOUSAND above-ground new parking spaces is not acceptable for a new development literally two blocks from MARTA.