View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 16, 2010, 11:49 PM
1st Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
^ i'm pretty sure left of center was asking about a timetable for the buckingham II starting up, not the roosevelt dorm.
correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
as for the buckingham II, i don't know where that one currently stands as far as its chances of going forward anytime soon. Mr. D? anyone?
would be nice if it was this summer, having two dorms going up almost side by side. that block of Wabash might be the most action we'll be seeing until the condo/office vacancy improves significantly. Hah, thats kinda depressing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch.G, Ch.G View Post
Man, I hope the other tower (Buckingham II?) goes up, as well. This block would be so vibrant: aesthetically, with the two bold university towers next to the almost-jarringly red CNA building; and, socially, with all the students activating the space.
i still remember the "super dorm" opening on the corner of Congress and State. That alone did wonders livening up the whole area. With this dorm and possibly the Buckingham going up, its really going to create a critical mass of after hours pedestrian activity on those blocks. Definitely the right direction to go for the Loop becoming a more 24/7 neighborhood.