View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 6, 2013, 8:44 PM
Hindrance to Development

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozone View Post
Hate this. It adds nothing to the city- but more crappy McMansions. I would rather the site be turned into a park and joined with the future Sutter's Landing Park with a ped./bike bridge across Cap City Freeway.
That sounds like a great idea to me--there is already a small bridge off Cap City Freeway that connects to Sutter's Landing Park that would be ideally suited to ped/bike traffic, and until as recently as 2005 this site was still an orchard. Considering that the Mayor wants to promote Sacramento as the "Farm to Fork" Capital, this part of Sutter's Landing could be very easily used as an orchard/park (with a "pick your own fruit" feature in harvest season) and urban farm, with a nonprofit urban-farming business partner like Soil Born Farms working in conjunction with the city. Because it is centrally located, it would be a great urban amenity while showing off regional strengths. It might also be a great site for the solar power project that was planned for Sutter's Landing itself, which would provide shade for park visitors.
Quote:
OK now you can tell me why it's such a horrible idea and why it could never happen.
Because Angelo Tsakopoulos owns the site, and he makes his money by turning farmland into crappy McMansions.