View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 5, 2016, 5:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousquet View Post
mm... I don't think it'd be anything obvious enough to begin that statement with "of course". I mean in spite of our contemporary issues, this is still definitely one of the easiest countries of the world to live in.

That said, I was born to a Catholic family, so I just can't tell what it feels like to be regarded as a Jew. I only know a couple of guys from so called Jewish families, of those who've been here for many centuries. I think they'd rather die than leave Paris, but they're not religious at all. They don't even mind about any Jewish or whatever identity. For example, one of them is pretty spoiled, lol, of a well off family with plenty of stuff and friends, so it'd be hard for him to leave everything he's got here. He most likely would feel like he'd have no life left if he ever moved elsewhere.
Hey, I'm no Netanyahu supporter calling on French Jews to commit "aliyah" (I personally would live in France over my "homeland" in Israel any day. But no need to get into that). I just meant that I thought the modern day emigration from France was well known.

I suspect it's more the religious, traditional and Sephardic families that are leaving.