View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 16, 2018, 1:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asies1981 View Post
Update on The Exchange. And from what I've heard about Patrinely is that they are struggling to find a construction crew they trust for this type of project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob rulz View Post
I love the location and the mixed-use concept, but I hope the design looks better when it's built because those renderings are very bland imo. If the old Salt Lake Roasting Co. building must come down (I really wish that one could've been kept, but can't keep them all I guess), then it better be for something good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stenar View Post
I think this is one of the nicest apartment complex designs we’ve ever seen in the city.

Agree Bob that the renderings are a bit bland, perhaps tricky. However, I tend to agree with Stenar regarding the design, particularly when getting into the weeds with Isaac's excellent write up on Building Salt Lake. One thing that isn't as apparent enough in the renderings as I think will be in reality is the curvature/angles of the frontage. I like how the straight line is broken away on the upper floors from the street frontage. I think this will really enhance the visual appearance, along with a few other aspects such as the street retail, recessing of windows in the lighter colored areas and the corner engagement. I do like the color scheme, but am a little concerned with the lack of facade material quality, at least as it appears in the rendering. The lines pattern etched into the facade could mitigate the blandness of the concrete appearance. It's a popular treatment on newer complexes here in L.A., and can work well.

Conceptual rendering of the northeast corner of The Exchange as designed by KTGY Architecture + Planning. Image courtesy Salt Lake City public documents. https://www.buildingsaltlake.com/

Last edited by delts145; Sep 16, 2018 at 1:44 AM.