View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 8, 2014, 10:29 PM

A better and likely more realistic rendering found by pss-archi Maza in a L'Obs telegram.

I like this project cause it's nearby these 2 residential midrises I recently advertised at the south-east end of the avenue de France that takes part in the Rive Gauche master plan, neighboring inner suburb Ivry-sur-Seine that I want to see better off.

It's along the rail tracks to the Austerlitz station and the ring freeway known as the périphérique segregating Central Paris from the inner suburbs, but the latter has simply no future while the essential Austerlitz rail tracks should end up covered with some brand new urban fabric.

This is nicely mixed-use. Some large office space (that area of metro Paris generally needs more of that), a 4-star business hotel and some supposedly affordable commercial space for people from the neighborhood at the ground floors, quite significant for the south-east side of the metro area. No luxury penthouses yet, for the local left wing keeps opposing that kind of things. Well they just can't afford it, so they're naively sick with jealousy while they don't even have any serious reason to be jealous. That's what I can't understand to them. They actually have nothing much to envy to the richer, but they can't realize yet.

I'm thankful to the Rive Gauche planners anyway. I think this will be built no matter what the local idiotic NIMBYs may try. It's too important. More highrises should join these. I hope Ivry takes the greatest possible advantage from this in the end.