View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 16, 2019, 3:44 PM

I don't know if angry is the right word but when people make a blanket statement that Canadian TV sucks from a point of ignorance where they are just parroting things others have said or unfamiliarity (they've never even seen anything) yeah I get miffed at that.

People shouldn't throw out misinformation to cloud the issues if they themselves are not informed.

I never said everything was great and there wasn't crap as well, there's crap from Canadian TV as there is from the BBC and the USA. And I totally agree that producers should make shows people want to watch instead of agenda based hidden propaganda, I think I spelled that out pretty clearly in the ratings thread calling out CBC and praising Corner Gas' Brent Butt for this.

Now you just drew off the top of your head a figure of 10-20% appeal with no basis to back that up, but that may even be true in the mainstream. We have much more choice and content is so widely available and people are now so diverse that even much of mainstream programming may only appeal to an audience that small.