View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 16, 2007, 5:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozone View Post
That seems like a pretty arrogant attitude brandon. I’m not just complaining, I’m trying to change things. It’s not very likely that I could ever change the flight patterns of the airport but it is likely that my street will be one of those that will be converted into a two-way. I don’t see the comparison really. You may not agree with my point of view but I have every right to try to improve my neighborhood as I see it..Even if that means a wee bit of an inconvenience to you in your friends.
It's not arrogant, it's just a point. Both types of people in the example cited above move into a neighborhood and then decide they don't like an inherant quality of the neighborhood they moved into.
Hypothetically speaking, it would be similar to me moving next door to a machine shop and then complaining about the mid-day noise. Sure, I have a right to complain about it and to try and change it, but does that mean it's right? Another example would be people who move into a new midtown loft and then complain about the noise coming from the bar across the street. Or people who move next to Cal Expo and then complain about noise from concerts.

One thing all these examples have in common is that people are complaining and trying to change things that they may personally find disagreeable, but are, in fact, good for the greater community. And that's fine- everyone has a right to speak their mind and try to get things to be the way they want. But that doesn't mean it's in the best interest of everyone else.

I don't see a reason why several streets in midtown can't be one-way. In my opinion, the streets that currently exist as one-way are well located and convenient.
That's my two cents, and I won't spend a third.