View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 22, 2018, 3:43 PM

Thumbs up

Walked by the 1640 Broadway site on Thu and asked one of the crew what floor they’re on. He said 30, so 3 more to go for this one. It’s looking really good!! And there are four other mid-to-highrise projects well underway within 4-blocks going towards Lake Merritt. Then there’s at least 8 Residential projects underway in the Broadway & Grand Uptown Area with several more to come next year. There are two active building sites in the 2800-3100 blocks of Broadway but I don’t know what they are and saw no renderings for either. There’s a pretty deep hole for both, so I figure that indicates underground parking because both sites are on the narrow end of wedge shaped blocks.

1314 Franklin is coming out of the ground with rebar so it’ll start going vertical in the 4th quarter. A 40-story residential building in Downtown Oakland..WOW

If I can learn how to post pics here I’d be happy to do a monthly update for folks to keep up. There’s so much construction in the area within the boundaries of Jack London Square, 980, 580, and Lake Merritt. Will see what I can do.

ATLotb