View Single Post
Old Posted May 30, 2018, 4:04 PM
The New Republic

^^ That looks good to me although I'd put Jamal Murray in there ahead of Cory Joseph. He's still developing but has that 'it' factor that Joseph lacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by megadude View Post
I have to wonder though, did the 'Wolves put pressure on him to say no? Because now he's got that max deal and he under performed this season.

I really hope he returns to the fold with the national team. And let's hope RJ Barrett turns out to be a perennial all star type player. He seems to have more court presence than Wiggins does. He doesn't have a big personality either, but based on the few clips I've seen of him, he seems like he'll be a more assertive player at the next level. Plus, his dad is one of the brass running the national team so it's pretty much a given RJ will be suiting up for Canada.
As good as Wiggins is, it's still up in the air whether he'll turn into one of the league's elite players. I'm more excited about RJ Barrett tbh. He has an intense desire to win and will take over a game to get it done. He'll likely be too young for China 2019 and even perhaps Tokyo 2020 but he'll 100% be there for the national team.