View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 25, 2008, 12:09 AM

^^People often compare Hamilton's skyline to a South American or Eastern European city. Unfortunately the skyline hasn't had many additions in the past 30 years, and that doesn't seem likely to change at the moment. There are some interesting buildings, but dozens of generic apartment blocks. Hamilton does have some impressive density though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundertubs View Post
About how far away is downtown Toronto? 35mi/50km?
Pretty close to that. According to Google Earth, the spot where I took the first pano is 60 km from downtown Toronto (as the crow flies).

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA Pride View Post
Is it common for rich Torontonians to come buy mansions in Hamilton which has such an abundance of them?
You don't have to be that rich to get a mansion in Hamilton
As for Torontonians moving into mansions here, I'm not sure. There is one case of this that I know of, developer Harry Stinson moved into a mansion along the mountain brow. I think part of his house might be in these pictures, but I'm not sure which one (I couldn't photograph all the mansions due to security). Overall I think rich Torontonians would consider Hamilton much too déclassé.