View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 3, 2017, 10:25 PM

A few previous Posts from the last thread. If anyone would like to edit past present or future projects in the OP please let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidson View Post
Agreed. No matter where these companies are from, it's great to see Sask. Based companies investing in projects to create jobs within the province. And as a former Regina guy now living in Saskatoon, I'm loving seeing some of my fav. Regina watering holes like Leeopold's and Cathedral Social House setting up shop here in YXE.

Regina gets the gov't town label but there a nice class of YQR entrepreneurs also investing in Saskatoon. As you say, a win-win for both cities and the province
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
I agree and was clearly joking. A little sibling rivalry is fine. I have lived in Saskatoon and have a business there. I will be there the next few weekends. Love it. I follow this thread hoping to see the latest great development for Saskatoon and Saskatchewan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bess View Post
I think most of us knew you were joking Stormer, lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by roryn1 View Post
I bet Brandt sponsors the new arena downtown will probably call it the Brandt Centre
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchellk12 View Post
wouldnt surprise me lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by gowest View Post
Watching the live coverage of the bridge this morning. The two big backhoe operators are back again showing how to work together as a team. Worth looking at.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter12 View Post
Here is a very interesting article regarding the challenges facing public transit.

http://www.newgeography.com/content/...blic-that-s-us
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bess View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidson View Post
Interesting take on this topic. SaskTel Centre has done a remarkable job of sustain a 15,000 seat facility without the benefit of a major anchor tenant (I don't consider the Rush to be an anchor because they only play 9-10 home games per season). If there was a downtown arena in Saskatoon's future I could see potential for an AHL team to move here, though that would likely mean the Blades relocating elsewhere. I think the NHL is a pipe dream, at least as long as Bettman is commish. He's only interested in US markets.

On the other hand, Regina has the benefit currently of a deep-pocketed ownership group in QCPEG ( Semple's, et. al.) with motivation to upgrade or replace the Brandt Centre. I don't see a 15,000 seat arena being needed in Regina though. A modern 9,000-10,000 seater with luxury boxes & amenities would be suitable fir junior hockey, concerts and other events like the Brier.

Of course given current economics, I think the possibility of either city getting a new arena is many years away. But it's fun to speculate