View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 31, 2017, 2:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
I don't know if you're wrong or right, but the latest news from the PA completely contradicts what you are writing.
What was reported wasn't "news from the PA" it's a rumor from an anonymous Port Authority source speaking "on background," sowing confusion by trying to clear up confusion. All in all, it's sloppy reporting of second-hand hearsay. It's much wiser to go with the official PA Capital Plan than to trust an unnamed source. Anyway, I disagree that the article "completely contradicts what [I] just wrote"... in fact, the article itself mentions that "Newark leaders were informed last year that the second stop was no longer under consideration" ... i.e., there's only one stop.

Quote:
Obviously a South Ward station has nothing to do with a Newark Airport station.
Newark Airport is in the South Ward...

Quote:
And it doesn't even make sense to have a single station at the current NJ Transit stop, because the Airtrain is being rebuilt. It won't have the same alignment/configuration. There's no confirmed alignment/configuration for the new Airtrain route, so how can the PATH station be sited yet? If you go to the PA docs for the terminal rebuilds, they're clear that the Airtrain will be removed and relocated to an undetermined location.
It's one thing to move the alignment of the Airtrain at the terminals, since they're getting rebuilt, but it doesn't make much sense to move the western terminus of the AirTrain (where it would hook up to the PATH), because they'd have to build a totally new NJTransit station to hook up to it, when the current one is perfectly serviceable. That seems like an unnecessary expense.

I'm not going to try to make sense of the rest of what you're saying. I'll just present this illustration direct from the Port Authority, which shows that the stop "near Frelinghuysen and Haynes" that Mayor Baraka mentioned is the same as the new PATH Airport station, which is the same as the current NJT Airlink station. (Taken from this Jersey Digs article: https://jerseydigs.com/path-train-ne...xpansion-plan/ )

Last edited by Hamilton; Jan 31, 2017 at 3:26 AM.