View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 10, 2013, 7:08 AM
Greetings from New Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantaguy View Post
Well, that explains it in the case of these pics -thanks.

However, the last time I was there was in June and the heart of the city looked pretty much the same way.

The large majority of my NJ friends have nothing but absolute and total disdain for the place, very much like Michiganders I know in regards to Detroit. That needs to change.
Depends on what day you go , not every city is like Manhattan in terms of activity , only Hoboken , New Haven and parts of Jersey City fit this description on a daily basis. The Rest of the region is only busy on work days. As for Newark's bad reputation , its slowly changing abet slowly. Its mainly due to the New York City Media which likes to slam Urban Jersey on every crime related issue , blowing it up into something its not. Jersey City and Hoboken shed there bad rep 10 years ago , i'm sure in other 10 years so will Newark , Elizabeth , Paterson. There are numerous projects underway in the Downtown , North , and East Wards , along with numerous festivals and events at the NJPAC , Prudential and Newark Museum which combined have attracted over 2 million I would have to check on that number it could actually be higher. Most Prudential and NJPAC events sell out , The Ironbound has a festival that attracts over 760,000 it used to be higher but they capped it due to safety , the Cherry Blossom Festival keeps growing aswell , about 150,000 attend that... All Event numbers keep rising , new Downtown Businesses are opening up to cater to these events , and residents. Nice places to , not ghetto crap.... Newark still has a very long way to go , but I feel like its at least on the right path. There cleaning up the riverfront , creating a park and shops....on both sides...
There even upgrading the streets adding in pedestrian safety features and Bike lanes , and Bus lanes.....they do have a LRT plan but no funding.....