View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 25, 2008, 7:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanshirt View Post
Have the UT board of regents approved the athletic fee hike? I'm pretty shocked there haven't been more regular updates on this in the E-N. You'd figure they'd be all over anything that would result in high-level football being in SA. Maybe since it isn't NFL, nobody thinks its a big deal?
Yes as far as I know it was approved earlier this summer. A full time student (12 hr) will see a $12 increase per semester in the 2008-2009 academic year, and another $24 increase through the 2009-2010 academic year.

I'd expect to see construction begin at the athletics park within the next 6 months. The soccer stadium and track and field stadium have already been financed with money from the bond elections. They only currently have 1/3 the total $80 million needed. If the school hopes to build a national reputation for athletics programs by 2016 they need these facilities asap. Hopefully a large donor will fund at least the baseball stadium to earn naming rights.

Here is a link with some info. on the athletics park - http://www.sanantonio.gov/2007bond/P...nformation.pdf