View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 18, 2016, 6:56 PM

I've always been the mindset that south perimeter should be the first to be upgraded to Freeway/Grade-separated standards, given than it is TCH and officially winnipeg's "Bypass", however the more I think, it would be much cheaper to toss diamonds at Hwy 6, Pipeline and Gunn, upgrade Dugald (Cloverleaf or Parclo). From there encourage the trucking industry and change signage to make north perimeter the official bypass, reducing traffic on south perimeter until the major funding that it needs (WAY more than north perimeter) to be upgraded. I understand that the majority of Perimeter traffic is now local, not bypassing traffic, but perhaps just that small reduction could buy time to do the proper upgrades at highways 2/3, 330, Kenaston, St marys, St anne and likely a diamond between 59 and Fermor/TCH 1.

EDIT: To add, once the headingley bypass will be built (who knows when...), taking North perimeter will be a few kms shorter than the south perimeter, and Centreport should be an increasingly busier trade hub, giving north perimeter more the reason to be renamed the official bypass

Last edited by WildCake; Sep 18, 2016 at 7:21 PM. Reason: addition to comment