View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 22, 2010, 2:37 AM
Go Rotem! Die Bombardier!

Derek Corrigan is the least of your worries. I dunno why people focus solely on him just because he is the loudest. At the end of the day, he is just one vote, and he will never vote for anything that would benefit the image of the BC Liberals, which in this case, fulfilling an election promise of actually building the Evergreen Line.

If you really feel that writing to the mayors will help, focus on the ones that are on the fence, starting with the ones below.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezzanine View Post
FYI for my municipality:

mayorandcouncil@vancouver.ca = to all of council

gregor.robertson@vancouver.ca = to Gregor

Talking points: Vancouver and Richmond benefited from the the C-line being built first, over the evergreen. why are they refusing to support the tricities now?
I can almost symphatize on why Vancouver won't vote for it. They got into a really big mess with the Olympic Village, and their property tax will skyrocket whether they like it or not. But I think they should man up and not screw the entire region for the mistakes of the creme de la creme party, which cause not only the mess in Vancouver, but also the transportation mess in the entire region.

Malcolm Brodie though, is the one I really find distasteful. The nerve of that guy even saying he will vote against it, after the North East Sector bailed out the Canada Line which benefited his city the most. That said, both him and Robertson need to be reminded yet again the sacrifices the NE sector has done so that their city can have their subway.

The ones you really need to work on are the ones that would logically benefit from property tax, especially Surrey and Langley (the other city that is not run by Fassbender). I kinda believe Port Moody will vote for it (its always a wildcard) if it knows it has a chance of getting through. I think the North Shore is a lost cause though.

There are 21 mayors, nine or ten have already publicly stated they will vote against it:

Vancouver
Burnaby
Surrey
North Van
City of North Van
West Van
Delta

I can't remember the rest due to sleepiness but I know its nine or ten from the various local papers...

Two (Coquitlam and Langley Township) said they will vote for it, and I'm somewhat sure New West will also vote for it too. So I think you need to work on the ones that can be convinced, as well as those that have not publicly said anything yet.