View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 16, 2016, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhausner View Post
Good points. I took a look at an overhead and Rousseau Street would need a big upgrade if it was expected to jump to 1500 cars. I'd imagine they'd have to buy all the houses on both sides and widen it fully.

And you're right with Option C.

Still think B/C have the most confusing interface with HWY1 though. Given you would have this then not much further East the joy just before the Port Mann, going to make for a lot of lost people. That said, that's their problem.

Anyway you make good points. I wouldn't go that way to Ikea anyway, I always take the Port Mann because driving anywhere near New West is an exercise in pure frustration and I have better things to do with my time.
If new west wants a truck tunnel that replaces front, by all means connect it all the way through Coquitlam to the highways. Just do it at Cape Horn. Widen United Boulevard to six lanes to get it to the highway. It's big box land there anyways.

Option C is great for New West, terrible for taxpayers, and of all the Mallardville destroying options, it does the best job.

Why does New West get to have all it's truck traffic in a tunnel on the perimeter while Mallardville has to suffer destruction of it's historic core?!?