View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 18, 2017, 2:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redddog View Post
Good points but you forgot Grand Central which is, IMO, the winner. I also agree that Union Station is an amazing structure that does not at all feel to me like a food court.
I agree with you on the point that Grand Central is the winner, but only when comparing it to all train stations within the United States. My OP was concerned with the best stations on the NEC, which, IMO, 30th Street easily wins. I've been to all of the major stations on the NEC (BOS, NYP, PHL, and WAS) with the exception of Baltimore, along with a few secondary ones (Providence, RI; Newark, NJ; and Wilmington, DE), and 30th Street still comes out on top for me. The only thing that will make it better is the realization of Schuylkill Yards and the 30th Street Station District Plan,along with a few strategic renovations.

The only disadvantage that 30th Street has is being located outside of the traditional CBD. Luckily, a few forward-thinking developers are engaging in place-making around the area, which will improve the user experience when it is all realized.

Temple University '18 ']['