View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 15, 2014, 8:34 PM
Babylon falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDfan View Post
I searched the city's development website and found the permit history for the lot. There was a 36-unit project approved back in 2009, but the permit expired a few years later. As of now, the lot is owned or leased by the city, and will be home to a temporary fire station while a permanent one is being built at the old location (I'm assuming this is the Hillcrest Fire station remodel).

So for now, it's going to be a public facility, and thereafter no idea. The old mid-rise project is dead.

I searched to see what was going on at the recently cleared site at Normal Street and Harvey Milk, but apparently there is only a demo permit issues for the location.

Interesting tid-bit: where Jonathan Segal's Mr. Robinson project is going up at Park and Robinson, an older project called "The Memphis" (23-units) was set to be built before the recession tanked it. It would have been a complementary piece to "The Cairo" and "The Egyptian." I hope Segal's project has more units.
Thanks Fan: I felt that would be such a prime spot to live you can walk to easily to things on East Side of Hillcrest off University and to the University Heights strip on Park, obvioulsy easy access to Sprouts... That stretch of Park is so tired it really needed those exta residential units. You would think the market is perfect to move forward with a project there like you said the economy seems to be humming.

Oh I walked through Golden Hill extensively a couple days ago and I got to wondering about its density figures. It is just about as built up as City Heights or more but I'm sure there aren't as many people living in each unit as in CH. Golden Hill has a very unique feel. What are your thoughts on living there and where it is headed?