View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 7, 2011, 3:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by migol24 View Post
the apple in that location is a perfect spot for downtown! a location there can certainly bring more people to that area during the weekdays. now people will not have to drive all the way to barton creek mall or the domain. i'm excited.
Not to burst everyone's bubble but this is NOT an Apple Store. This is a third party authorized retailer who will be selling Apple products. It certainly will not generate the foot traffic that a actual Apple store would. It might be a nice little shop that will serve that area nicely, but I certainly will continue to wait for an actual Apple store to launch in downtown.

My only concern is that when making the third party reseller agreement, the owners needed a guarantee from Apple that they wouldn't open a store (after all a real Apple store would annihilate any chance this store would have at success). Even if such a an agreement doesn't exist, I am sure the owners at least looked into if Apple was about to open a store downtown...I just hope this store doesn't signal that a real Apple store downtown (and the activity that would generate) is far from being a reality.