View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 3, 2007, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban_encounter View Post
West Hollywood
Hillcrest
The Castro
"Lavender Heights"

Who would have thought, that Sacramento's gay district would be coming of age and taking off right about the same time other gay neighborhoods around the country are losing some of their identity..??? (I believe there's a thread that speaks to that very topic in the City forum.)

Although admittedly Sacramento's LH is primarily bars, and dance clubs and less concentrated gay residential area. But Midtown has always been a gay friendly and progressive place for people to live.

BTW TJ and his mother (i believe her name is Marge) own the Depot, Hot Rods and at least part (if not all) of Badlands, Sacramento.

Everything happening, and opening in that part of the central city will really add to the character of Midtown...
I was thinking about that same dichotomy, how our gay district is growing while others are closing down. Maybe a bit of the Bay Area effect? While the gay community is being priced out of the Castro, Lavender Heights is rolling out the red carpet. I'd like to see statistics on how large the gay community is in Midtown, I know from personal experience it's high.