View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 19, 2012, 10:24 PM
YIMBY

Quote:
Originally Posted by kw5150 View Post
A massive zoom lens is always fun; though, a good start is a 100 - 250 or somewhere around there. Apparently the broader range of the lens, the worse quality you get at either end......or something like that. Hopefully someone else can add something for you and guide you in the right direction.
As much as a long lens would be great, I like to shot from up close, so I find my self wanting something between the Tokina and the 50mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vascilli View Post
I have a Sigma 12-24 (For full frame) that I use for buildings now and then. I'd recommend filling in the range between 16mm and 50mm. Try a 35mm or a 24mm. I have a Canon 28mm f/2.8 that only I seem to like. It's (very) compact, reasonably good in quality, and was cheap.
Exactly, I just found this Tamron 28-75mm f2.8 Anyone know anything about it? Thinking it could be an walk about lens and the Tokina could be the second lens with the 50mm coming out at special times. Not to mention the price is right.

Disclaimer: All opinions expressed are my own not those of any affiliated organizations.

Last edited by Full Mountain; Apr 19, 2012 at 10:34 PM.